Can you smell your speakers when youre rockin out?

Lol, I know this a funny question, but whenever I'm listening at loud volumes, I can smell my speakers. It's always the same smell no matter what speakers I've had. It's not a burning smell, more like the insulation used in the boxes. Is it the air blowing through the insulation and then out the port, or cooked voicecoils? Like I said, it doesn't smell like burning electronics but I 'm not sure what it is. It kind of smells good; like new rubber in a bike shop or race gas smells to me. It's the association of good times :-)
128x128b_limo
Roy Johnson is not the only person that supports the virtues of time coherence. John Dunlavy, Richard Vandersteen, Pat McGinty, Jim Thiel, and Dale Pitcher all either build or have built phase coherent speakers that have been highly regarded and well received by critics and users alike. Reference 3A is another company that favor coherence. Why aren't you blasting all of these fine speaker designers for their decision to focus on phase coherence? To dismiss this design choice as nonsense is ignorant or a clear sign that you are doing nothing more than grinding an axe. There is a reason that John Atkinson performs impulse response test on every speaker that he tests. He must feel every test he runs on a speaker is important to it's overall performance, otherwise he wouldn't perform them. In some sort of twisted way, you have taken a thread about the way a speaker smells when playing and turned it into bashing GMA and their design choices yet again. That should give any one reading this a clear clue what a nut job you are. Give it a rest.
Why aren't you blasting all of these fine speaker designers for their decision to focus on phase coherence?
Roy Johnson himself dismisses those other designers. Roy wont be pleased that you are conflating his superior designs with all of those others you name. According to Roy, only his speakers are time coherent, correct me if I'm wrong.

If time coherence was so important, EVERY designer would be using it in their designs not just the handful you name. EVERY audiophile would insist on it. 
Time coherence is neither necessary or sufficient for great sound. Proof? B&w, wilson, magico, YG, avalon, etc
I think the air filters I put in the two AC/heating units in my house are fiberglass, fiberglass should never be ground up and snorted, and I've never encountered smelly speakers in over 50 years of speaker usage…I've never paid much attention to Green Mountain Audio but hey…they look kind of cool...
At what point did I say that time coherence was necessary for great sound? My point is that time coherent designs can, and have sounded great. It is only one of many design decisions that any builder decides upon at the very beginning. Great sound is produced using many different design decisions. Dismissing all designs of one type because you didn't like one example is foolishness.  
After many decades as a professional musician and more recent decades as a paid (overpaid usually) live sound mixer…plus decades as an audio geekster (man…I'm OLD), I've narrowed my speaker preferences down to these: The ones that sound great to my ears. I find that using my ears instead of those attached to the heads of other people work much better in terms of actually hearing things that I might like.