Nordost Red Dawn "Flatline" interconnect Want to replace with a more musical sounding IC.

I have a Nordost Red Dawn "Flatline"  IC which I bought used on AG about 5 years ago.  It has seen several system come and go, from separates to my current Rogue's Sphinx hybrid integrated amp, but just two speaker systems. Overall, I like the cable but have concluded that it is bright factor in the interface between the Rogue integrated, and the upgraded Ayre CX7e mp  CD player.  BTW,. Prior to the Ayre CD player, I had a Rega Apollo CD player and used a Chord Chameleon IC ..... Worked very well 

I don't want to start going back and forth with The Cable Company home trial service.  Therefore, would appreciate and consider recommendations from members who have used Nordost RD Flatline IC in the past with less than positive results. The speakers are Golden Ear Tech Triton 7's and speaker cable is Harmonic technology PRO 11+ which is excellent.  Thank you.  

sunnyjim

To Nutty, What particular Cardas IC would you recommend, or know from experience or other members, works well with the Ayre CD player?? 

Cardas IC's are notoriously expensive, for example, the highly praised Parsec which I think retails for $450;

Even used, it probably  sells for $200-250. I will check on The Cable Company used cable catalogue.  

Thank, Jim.   

Do the Red Dawn speaker cables sound bright also OR is it just a characteristic of the IC's?

Ziff, I never had Nordost Red Dawn speaker cables, just their Flatline IC.

There have seen several positive reviews about their previous  line of speaker cables. Unfortunately when I considered them, they were fairly expensive even used, so I waited until the Harmonic Technology  Pro 11+ came around on AG.  They are outstanding speaker cables that are very revealing and detailed.

Sorry for the delay. I have not heard the Parsec line. I believe that it does of the matched propagation construction. I personally would listen the the Cross. I listened to the Cx-7 connected to the integrated amplifier with the cross. Very nice 

I beleive that Cardas and Ayre have a history of collaborating on projects. There are many of us who own the "Irrational, But Efficacious!" CD. Let me know how it turns out. Good luck!

N