Did you hear Adele at the Grammy's?

It was the most godawful atonal thing.  I suspect that she always benefits from pitch correction, but this time it must have failed, and she and was unmasked. She and the media tried to make up some excuses, but that was no microphone problem; a mic only amplifies what is coming out of your mouth.  No effect on pitch whatsoever.
128x128lloydc
She clearly had major technical problems, but the whole show had problems. None of the performances I heard were good. I am not sure who they are mixing the sound for, but it is not the TV audience. I could not count the number of times I thought the background overrode the main singer. Not as bad as at the Super Bowl, but still not good.
Adele is great, give her the benefit of the doubt on this. As far as the Grammys, they need to find a way to cut down the length of the show. 3.5 hours is just too long, way too long. At least an hour of the time is commercials. I guess they just can't turn their back on any advertiser that is willing to pay about the same price per minute as the Superbowl. 
once the mic fell on the piano, it caused the piano to play out of tune with a bunch of noise that was playing into her ear monitors. Impossible to sing in pitch with that going on.
Excuses, excuses.  No, a mic touching a few strings would not throw a piano's approximately 230 strings out of tune.  People even do things like that deliberately, it's called "prepared piano." No, a mic doesn't change pitch. No, a real professional would not be thrown off pitch by external influences.  She had a bad night and gave a horrible performance. Then blamed the equipment.