Is New Vinyl Exempt from Loudness Wars?

I'm seeing new vinyl sold in many unexpected places these days.  

For those who have bought a lot of new vinyl,  I'm wondering if these tend to be mastered differently from similar newer CD  remasters that often show effects of the "Loudness Wars"?

Is it a mixed bag perhaps?   Much like CDs?

I wonder because if I knew there was a different mastering done for new vinyl I might consider buying some if I knew. 

But new vinyl is expensive and I would not want to get essentially the same end result in regards to sound quality as I would get with CD for much less.

Just wondering.
128x128mapman
"In regards to new vinyl , I live in a small town with only a small HMV nearby with limited selection. If I really want something I need to drive 45 mins or have it brought in. The last thing I want is to have any vinyl handled more by couriers."

There are excellent deals to be had on eBay.  If they're packed correctly the couriers can throw the around like a discus.  The last ones I sold were the first two Mothers of Invention, In Through the Out Door, Tea for the Tilerman, and a bunch of Mercury Living Presence, and I'm not talking about reissues, either.  It's a buyers market out there.

All the Amy Winehouse lps are bright tonally

on a refined system

the dynamic range is not the tell all

I bought the UK version after the US one was difficult to listen to

the UK is better, but it’s not what it should be

and this is a major artist’s legacy

how do the hi rez digital files sound?

Nobody said dynamic range is the end all do all for sound quality. But listen, if you buy a Ferrari that's supposed to redline at 8,000 RPM and you get it home and find out it comes with a rev limiter installed that cannot be removed that limits revs to 5,000 RPM, guess what?  You should have bought a Toyota.
I wouldn’t argue the Winehouse "Back in Black" might be considered somewhat "bright" tonally, but i would argue that if things are going well during playback, its not an issue any more than one might experience at a comparable live performance where there is nothing to take the edge off other than perhaps cheaper seats.

I find the same to be true with many newer remastered CDs in particular, DR aside. They tend to be "hotter" sounding than many older versions released prior to early 90s or so, many of which could be considered flawed in the other direction ie washed out and bland.

I recall reading there were some major changes to the standards used in mastering and making CDs back in the early to mid 90’s that accounts for the difference overall heard with many CDs prior and post. This had nothing to do with loudness wars at the time. that came into play after. So now you have both "brighter and louder" CDs in genreral.

Though I did just a few years back, I don’t find it particularly problematic anymore though. I’ve fine tuned my gear over the last few years to the point where I feel I hear what is in the recording seldom with any fatigue which is all one can ask for.

Being 56 years old and not hearing to 20Khz anymore like I used to probably helps in this regard.
@Atmasphere

Thanks for the information about using a Technics SL1200 and Grado Gold cartridge when doing a listen on a test cut, on the 14 " disc. 

The angle that the cutterhead stylus is placed at when a record is cut results in an included angle in the final disc.

Can you tell us what angle you use when doing the cutting. Do you use a set angle or can it vary for some reason ?
thanks