Spotify or Pandora

A relative pointed out two music download websites: Spotify and Pandora. I don't know anything about music downloads. But I was hoping to stream hi-rez original artist oldies. I tried one selection on Spotify and it sounded like MP3 quality and didn't seem like original artists were singing.

Please advise. I would love to stream in hi-rez oldies from the 50s and 60s, but don't know if Spotify or Pandora are good sources.

Thanks
bifwynne
Been reading the posts. It seems like Tidal streams material with a SQ closest to redbook CD. Is that the consensus view.
Swampwalker - I'm hoping the folks that run Spotify, being aware of the competition, will up their game as a result. I'd be willing to bet they didn't miss Tidal asking $20/mo vs their $10. The buzz around Hi Rez downloads and Tidal SQ might give them incentive to improve...and as you say, with the cost of tech coming down....

Your comment (and other's) about the interface surprised me. I'm not the most tech savvy person but found Spotify pretty easy to navigate. The Browse/Discover option has introduced me to a ton of new musicians and music...much of it stuff that is way off the beaten commercial track. I have over 400 "saved" albums and most of these are not duplicated in my CD/vinyl collection (yet). But - to each his own.
Pamdora does not allow you to pick a song and listen to it. You pick a song, it will create a playlist based on the dna of your choice and then maybe if you are lucky within the first 10 songs it decides to play, you might hear the actual song you chose.

Spotify premium allows you to choose and listen to any music you want any time. There is an enormous base of community built playlists to listen to. The downfall is that it pales in comparison to pandora in the context of being able to automatically set up playlists based on a single recommendation.

They are both very different services. I think both sound good, spotify 320kbps is damn close to tidal lossless in my opinion.