Dick's / Dave's picks

Anyone else into this series of Grateful Dead recordings?
If so, please list your fave (s) or collection.
jafant
Jafant,

I could be wrong but I have a feeling there might be more rap and hip hop enthusiasts on here than Deadheads.

dicks: vol 3, vol 4 are required. as in, if my house were burning, i'd grab those.
others: vol 7, vol 25, 29, and 36

really, the band was peaking in 71, 72, 77 and occasionally in 78. get all those. 

(every so often an 80s or 90s show is incredible, like the nightfall of diamonds set, but they're more hit or miss). 
I think there are plenty of Deadheads here, but most probably prefer to discuss the group and their music at other more dedicated (hah!) music forums
Thanks! for sharing- guys.
As we start 2016, Dave's Picks are into Volume 17- another release featuring the "wall of sound". I am intrigued w/ the Wall of Sound, as it was a short-lived, endeavor.
You won't actually hear the wall of sound on the recordings, but perhaps it influenced their playing.  I don't think so though.  I favor everything from 1970-77, with just a tad less love for 72.  My suggestion is that you get a trial membership for spotify (get premium for better sound quality).  I think you can listen to quite a few Dick's Picks there.

Also, listening to soundboard recordings you can really hear how raw, unadulterated recordings also sound much better than highly processed studio recordings, even with their warts exposed!