ARC VT100MK2 substitute

Hello,

I would like to replace my ARC VT100 (year 2000) , because tired of expensive retubing and probably making the system too bright.
My system:
ARC LS15
AUDIOLAB 8200 CD
FOCAL 1028 BE
I am considering pass labs, plinius , anything else to suggest?
What’s the price i could ask.

Thanks a lot
cyrrix

cyrrix, there is an amp you may be interested in because of it's great sound and low tube cost. It is the Music Reference RM-200 (or RM-200 Mk.2). It produces 100w/ch from only two KT-88's per channel. That much power is not the result of running the tubes hot (which shortens tube life, of course), but rather from the unique design of it's circuit, a creation of the outside-the-box thinker Roger Modjeski.

The RM-200 retailed for $4200---$4500 (depending on year), and the improved Mk.2 is currently around $5000, I believe. They are occasionally available used, about $2000 for the original, $2500-$3000 for the Mk.2. I used the original with an LS16, with which it mated very well, both sonically and electronically (impedance, voltage, etc.). 

I would think the Beryllium tweeter has a lot to do with that brightness. 
The absolute last problem you have is the amp if you're hearing brightness.

I suspect you have a source problem.

You can save money switching to SS, but I'm willing to bet good money you will gladly go back to ARC after trying SS.

Sometimes people don't know how good they have it (or what the real problem is), so good luck with your strategy.