Someone had mentioned Christopher Hansen on a thread I read the other day

Does anyone know whatever happened to him? I haven't heard a word about him in years.
For those not familiar with him he was the king of high-end audio retail in the Los Angeles area in the 80's and early 90's.

taters
Taters, I have never been to Sound By Singer, though I have seen Andy strutting around CES (if you've seen him, you know what I mean ;-), but went to Lyric in '83 when I lived in Flushing, Queens. I was already an ARC/Magneplanar owner, and was interested in seeing if Lyric had anything I might like even more. You know---whatta ya got? The guy at the door as much as asked me what I was there to buy. No browsing, purchases only! Hey, I understand a low tolerance for lookiloos and tire kickers, but if they don't feel obligated to demo any products, how do they justify making their forty points? Christopher Hansen Ltd. was the same kind of operation.
BDP,

I remember going in Christopher Hansen's and the first thing out of the salesman's mouth was are you buying today. He never asked me what kind of equipment I had or what type of room I had. 

Being in sales most of my life I learned it was Important to try to find out what the customers needs were and work towards that goal.

BDP,

And what is really amazing that Lyric is still in business after all these years. I wonder If they still do the same schtik?

Taters, Lyric was always fine with me. They would always let me take gear home to try out. And to boot they would always give me a nice little discount off list! That was over ten years ago when I lived in that area.
Lyric also gave me plenty of time and help, no pressure to buy and no attitude ..I was last there about 5 years ago...