Speakers that are very accurate sounding but don't produce an emotional connection.

I have listened to a few speakers over the years that impressed me with their accuracy and presentation of the music, but just did not create an emotional response or connection. I have often wondered what that quality is in some speakers that produce an emotional connection with the listener. This quality has been identified by audiophiles, as "magical", "engaging"  "just right"  "euphonic"  "natural"  "true to life". " "satisfying"  "musical"....  I am sure there are at least 50  other  adjectives that could describe this "quality" of  sound . 

Considering the various aspects  of achieving  good and accurate sound by component synergy, is there a way to explain this so-called magical element that often eludes so many of us??.  I don't think such a feeling is temporal, conditioned by personal moods, or the phases of the moon or sun.  

Like to hear from members who have given some thought to the same issue.    Thanks,  Jim   

BTW, I know the thread is a bit out there, but  I don't think the topic is pointlessly pursuing the genie in the bottle. 

sunnyjim
Sunnyjim-

no doubt that today's speakers are most accurate compared to speakers of 10years and older. The key, is to get that "synergy" correct. This reflects careful considerations w/ gear, speakers and cabling.

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
Second note;

as above, I too, was disappointed upon auditioning both TAD and Aerial loudspeakers. Despite excellent reviews of both brands over the years.
@gpgr4blu , Like I said, if you’re relying on notoriously sub-optimal
show conditions alone to judge an entire manufacturer, you’re only fooling yourself. I formed my view of Wilson Alexia’s based on auditions in a Dealer’s main treated room *and* under show conditions.

I can't comment on Daedalus,  Salk or Nola as I have only heard Daedalus, and only under show conditions.  Look out for my future review of the Magico S5 Mk2 speakers. They are completely different animals to the original S5’s & incorporate many of the innovations of the M Pro.
Melbguy, I do intend to go to a local dealer here in Manhattan that carries Magico with Constellation and DCS and listen there. He also carries Rockport which I intended to listen to anyway. BTW I have heard numerous products in a dealer's showroom with room treatments and more and thought nothing of them until I heard them at another dealer who knew what to do with that component. Case in point, I have heard Martin Logans at least a dozen times in many different showrooms throughout the years and they left me cold. I had decided that I simply did not like the sound and I figured it was probably because of the technology. Too diaphanous with a bright tonal balance and no stage depth I thought. That was for years one of my least favorite of the more popular speakers. I heard them last week at Stereo Exchange in NYC with Rogue amplification and they sounded great. In fact, I went there for something else and just happened to walk by an open area where they were located and the music stopped me in my tracks. I now view that speaker as one that can be pretty awful if not set up right and outstanding if done properly. I love discovering that I was wrong about a product. I will have no problem admitting I was wrong about Magico if I hear them sing. 
The Rectilinear speakers have been mentioned a few times in this thread. I relative has had a pair now for 40 plus years. First time I heard them, after helping lugging them into an apartment, I was blown away- they were that good . 

Heard them again a month ago- folks, speakers have gotten a lot better since the hey day of the Rectlinear.