Questions on KT150 tubes

Does anybody here have experience using that tube? Can you tell me how it sounds? I have a Primaluna DiaLogue Premium HP and it can use them but they aren't cheap. I'm running the stock EL34s and LOVE it but seems like this tube is all the rage. The Primaluna is unbelievable for its tube magic as-is. Also I wonder if the KT150 would last.

Also the best places to buy them. Not the cheapest. The best quality.
therealist
Excellent post and very informative.  I totally agree with your assessment on the KT 120.  I find them too digital sounding also.  

Dramapsycho posted:

But now that the KT150 has appeared. The KT150 offers more power and a longer life than any of the above mentioned tubes (about 10,000 hours in a cool running Primaluna amp). The KT 150 has killer bass slam and extension. The highs have a clear and very present sparkle (love the clocks in DSOTM). Imaging and sound stage are alive, full, detailed, and 3D. Jazz, classical, and rock listeners will really love this tube. Mids do not have the syrup that the EL34 has (a deal breaker for some listeners) but IMO they are natural, forward, and glorious. Truly, the KT150 is the tube of choice for those who want excellent bass power and extension, crisp highs, detailed mids (not sweet), excellent imaging, and long tube life."

Couldn't have said it better!!

If anyone is interested I may sell my matched quad of 120's from Kevin Deal. At the most they probably have no more than 40-50 hrs. 
I don't recall breaking in the 150s for any particular time period since I replaced a set of 120s that were on their last legs…thus an instant improvement. Also, I can only assume that since all amp designs are somewhat different, so are the way they utilize the tone potential of various tube types…I bought my 150s for under 300 bucks a set (matched, dusted off, weighed, counseled, told to not be afraid of crazy Americans, allowed to say goodbye to tubes who were still in that lonely Russian factory) and if ARC supplies some brand specific mojo I'm not surprised they'd charge you more for these things…another reason to buy a Jolida!
Not just ARC Wolf, all manufacturers' charge more for tubes. Sure don't know why this is so other than their parameters may be tighter and more rejects? In any case the difference between 100.00 a tube and say 150.00 from the manufacturer sure doesn't seem to warrant paying the difference as long as they are close. Is 300.00 a set for a quad, 2 per channel? I typically see for about 100.00 each from tube vendors.