McIntosh MC7200 amp meter lights problem

This will only be of interest to McIntosh amp owners, but have any of you encountered a problem with the ceramic surround at the meter lights disintegrating? When replacing light bulbs at the meters on my MC7200, I noticed that the ceramic surround is falling apart, probably from the heat of the lights. In contacting McIntosh and Audio Classics, the only response I get is that part is no longer available. Asking them for another solution, no one can provide an answer. Certainly my amp is not the only one having this problem. So, all you guys who have a MC7200, MC7270, MC7300, have you ever encountered this problem, and if so, how did you resolve it? 
sid42
I haven't done it myself, but I know you can replace the bulbs with LED's. Here in Chicago Deltronics does it, so check with your local competent repair shop.  The LEDs will last a lifetime.

N
I have owned a number of various Mc amps, pre-amps and had to replace bulbs in some of the earlier models. But only due to burnout of the bulb. The ceramic/porcelain base was always in tact, this is first time I have ever even heard of this issue. I am surprised that Audio Classic was unable to assist you. Did you ask Audio Classics if they had an LED retrofit kit available? They make them other older Mc gear, I would ask them again.  Sorry I can't be of more help.