Best beer

Kokanee gets my nod.
tmsorosk
Nice one, Nebin - love the 10.

I'm a Triple Karmeliet man myself.

Dogfish Head 90, when fresh and cold, is a gem too.
@Lloydc - ale is a type of beer

@everyone else. I'm a bit surprised that a group that is so knowledgeable about esoteric audio equipment is drinking so much beer from large breweries.

If you live on the West Coast (U.S.) try breweries like Stone, Firestone Walker, Bruery, Craftsman, Mammoth, Telegraph, Bootleggers, Lost Coast, Green Flash, Taps, Hangar 24, Mad River, Lost Coast, Rogue, Indian Wells Brewing, Kern River Brewing, Moylan's, Bear Republic, and many others.

On the East Coast, I highly recommend Ommegang (from Cooperstown, NY, specializing in Belgian style) and Unibroue (Quebec) and Allagash (Maine).

This is just a tiny sample. Recommending specific beers from these breweries is almost impossible. You need to narrow down the style.
I have been a big IPA fan of late and LOVE the Lagunista's Little Sumpin' Sumpin' ale, great name and a hearty IPS too, in fact, all their IPA's are excellent, hoppy but not too hoppy.

For a plain 'beer' you can't beat Blue Point Toasted Lager, for what it is it's expensive (usually ~$10/6) but it's just such a good lager and I have a great local seafood restaurant that has it on tap here so that's always a plus!

Most of the Colorado breweries I've tried are solid, Fat Tire seems to be the standard by which all other CO breweries are judged, but their are many good one from there.

We here in Tampa used to have Cigar City right in town but they have moved, the Jai Alai IPA is really good from them.

Just a few to ad to the list but if you can find the Lagunista's try them! I like all their beers that I've tried (had like 5-6 so a few!)
Mateored,

try Bell's Two Hearted Ale made by Bell's brewery Kalamazoo Michigan. Also, Amber Ale and Cherry Stout are worth a try. I did not mention them because I know most would not recognize the name or have access to it.