Review: Transparent Music Wave Super Speaker cable

Category: Cables

Originally I had Audioquest Crystal (original series) and decided to move on to a Double Biwire of the Crystal 2. Immediately the sound stage improved and felt for the first time that I could actually hear all the music. After getting my hands on some MIT 330 Series interconnects (and loving the effects this had for my low end) I decided to give some MIT Terminator 2 cables a try. Really liked the results feeling the mid-range all of a sudden popped out of my speakers but did not find the sound stage as complete as the Crystals so the search continued. Then I discovered Transparent. These cables changed everything. It seems to bring the best of all the cables I have tried to my speakers. The sound stage was everywhere, very fast, tight mid range and a fantastic low end even with my smaller K.5 Snells. Theses cables are expensive, but are worth it. Try to find some used ones.

I have heard many arguments not to by network treated cables such as the MIT and Transparent. With the Transparent they are wrong, theses cables help my mid-fi gear sound fantastic.

Associated gear
Denon AVR 4800
Denon POA 5200
Pioneer Elite DV-C36
MIT 330 Series II interconnects
Snell K.5 / Jamo Stands

Similar products
MIT T2
Audioquest Crystal 2 (Double Bi-wire)
Monster
dhaymond
Glad to hear it. I love my Transparent cable. A lot of this is system/listener dependent. Glad it worked for you!
Hi,
I completely agree with Dhaymond! I followed the same way for my Magnepan MG-IIIa: Audioquest Type 2, later BiWired with the Type 4, then I tried many "great" cables (MIT, Van Del Hul, Siltek) and I found a pair of Transparent MusicWave Plus. Everything became magnificent! Since I use a pair of Transparent MusicWave Super and I became a happy audiophile (YES that exists deep ans beautiful bass on Magnepan without subwoofer). Thus, please, do not hesitate in spite of the used price, it is less expensive than to acquire a new tube preamp, to change speakers or to buy a high-end subwoofer.
I agree that the Supers offer an excellent level of performance within the Transparent product range, They are probably at the "hinge" of the price for performance offered, since Ultra and above offer exceptional performance, but at a price that can make the Gods cry.
Transparent is about to offer some of the "Opus" technology in there other products. I already have the new Super Balanced interconnect, and can tell you that it's a total killer between my Levinson 360 DAC and my BlueCircle AG3000 Pre-amp.
Transparent have reworked the cable geometry, as well as the filter networks, and in doing so have raised the bar sonically.
The resulting sound is open, focused and retains the stealth supreme strength in the bass. The big change seems to be in the realm of the front to back layering of the presentation, which at times can be almost spooky.
If the new Super is a barometer for the other OPUS influenced products, this is gonna be very popular stuff for them.
Be warned, the break in time is high. The first 50 hours are a bit of a roller coaster ride. It settles after that.
I agree that the Non-XL Transparent MW Super are excellent speaker cables and given its moderate used price of around $500/pr for 8', it is a stone cold bargain versus others at this price level. Compared against JPS SuperConductor+ BiWire (excellent cables), it offers a cleaner, more extended sound with better definition and musicality. I have found them to match poorly with Transparent interconnects (flat and muddy sounding).

Transparent's non-XL interconnects (Super, Ultra and even Reference) are deeply disappointing cables. They sound unnatural, congested and veiled for such expensive cables. Compared to Nordost, Synergistic (only x-series) and NBS cables at the same price range, they are not worthy competitors. Even budget cables like Acoustic Zen sound more natural, clean and detailed. The only worse name-brand cables I have tried are from Cardas.