Speed Control for Basis 2800 Signature

Howdy,

Wondering if anyone has used something other the Basis Synchrowave for speed control over a prolonged period of time (ie 5+ years) on any of the 2000 series TTs. I believe they all use the same motor. As much as I would love a Syncrhowave, it's out of my budget right now and speed on the table is way off. Any isights will be greatly appreciated.
128x128moryoga
The speed should not be way off without an outboard controller. Contact Basis and they will assist you. The company is very serious about customer service. Good luck.
Just as a PS, I know that people have used the Walker controller successfully with Basis, but I still think you shouldn't be way off without one.
Hi Dickson. I'll definitely reach out to Bill and see what he thinks and thanks Chayro as well, I've put in a call to AJ but haven't heard back from him yet.

As far as rewiring the motor, what's a little shock and electrocution when the end result is a perfectly locked in rpm and the music is sounding good :)
I use a Walker Precision Speed Controller with excellent results. I used a VIP controller previously, the Walker was a big improvement. Walkers can be found for around $900 used.
Thanks.

I've done a lot of surfing around and have come across the Phoenix Eng. Roadrunner tachometer and Eagle PSU (power supply unit). The PSU supplies ample energy to drive the motor and syncs with the tach via cable to read and adjust platter speed via voltage output once a second, thereby keeping speed precise in real time, as opposed to setting a speed on a controller and hoping assuming that it's maintained. Will arrive next week and I'll see if it lives up to the hype.