What direction with new DAC?

I have a DAC2 from Wyred4sound that's a few years old but has given me good service. I want to upgrade and am thinking of buying the DSDSe upgrade for $1500. Reviews have been good. I have little interest in the DSD function but you never know where computer audio may go in the future. I am also, for a bit over $2K going interested in the Schiit Yggy, which also is getting good reviews on many forums.

What's out there in the $2K-$2.5K range in DACS that would be worth the move?
dmm53
I love ladder dacs. The best dac I have heard is the Audio-GD Master 7 dac. $2400 * parallel 1704UK ladder chips. This dac does up to 24/192 No DSD. Withthis dac you will never miss DSD
Alan

Dmm53 I don't understand

The Schiit Yggy is as you say, also Multibit "inferior technology" Yet you said "interested in the Schiit Yggy"

Just like the Audio GD Master above with it's PCM1704 also multibit dac chips as well???

Cheers George
I was not referring to the Yggy as inferior but Really asking if the Wyred Dac2 was. My concern is that I might be pumping money into the upgrade and not getting better technology
There's a Bel Canto DAC3.5VB for sale here now in your price range. I had the DAC3VB in my system, and its imaging and soundstaging were outstanding (although it did everything well), which is why I'm recommending the 3.5VB for you in particular. If I were you I'd buy it, and if it doesn't absolutely blow away your W4S just resell it. I'd bet big bucks you won't, and if I could've afforded it I'd still have the DAC3VB in my system today. At the very least you'll have a reference for how your DAC compares to one of the better DACs out there. And no, it doesn't do DSD. Best of luck.