What direction with new DAC?

I have a DAC2 from Wyred4sound that's a few years old but has given me good service. I want to upgrade and am thinking of buying the DSDSe upgrade for $1500. Reviews have been good. I have little interest in the DSD function but you never know where computer audio may go in the future. I am also, for a bit over $2K going interested in the Schiit Yggy, which also is getting good reviews on many forums.

What's out there in the $2K-$2.5K range in DACS that would be worth the move?
dmm53
If you're happy with what you got and are not interested in DSD, then why change at all? Do you really think there's a D/A in your price range that truly outclasses your Wyred?
Certainly willing based on the reviews to sink another $1509 into the Wyred SE upgrade just for the better components and Femto clock. Just was wondering if there was a better alternative. The Yggy takes a vastly different approach but near impossible for an audition.

Dmm53 hi, if your preference is for RedBook not your not interested in DSD. Then I would get the Schitt as it has a proper R2R ladder dac for the best conversion, your wired for sound has Delta Sigma.

From Schitt, and others say the same for RedBook replay, and I also have found this as well.

"21 Bits, No Guessing: Mission-Critical D/A Technology
When doctors are trying to diagnose whether you have gas or cancer from MRI results, or when the military is trying to ensure a missile hits an ammo dump and not a nunnery next door, they don’t use “24 bit” or “32 bit” delta-sigma D/A converters. Instead, they rely on precision, multibit ladder DACs, like the Analog Devices AD5791. This allows them the bit-perfect precision they need for critical applications, rather than the guesswork of a delta-sigma. We chose this same critical technology for Yggdrasil. Following these unique D/A converters are sophisticated discrete JFET buffers and summers."

Cheers George