Top Ten Tuners of all Time??

To start this thread I vote for the Yamaha T 1. At its price performance,little to touch it period. Whats your vote?
ferrari
Once again....Bravo on all of your opinions and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Well, I guess the proof ( for me ) is what tuner stays and what tuners do not. Also , and very important, is what tuners are in my home/store system and do not move for a long, long time. Well you all mention tons of good ones and I have over 100 in my collection. I try to use them all and do enjoy each one for what it is. At this time, I no longer own the MD 108, Marantz 10B, or the Sequerra. These are kind of concidered the "big three", but that does not mean you have to own one. A 10B holds a spot in my heart no other tuner could, but the tuners that have been most listened to and NEVER moved from my system are the Kenwood 917, Mac 67 ( well tuned ), and for dx-ing.........the Pioneer F91. The F91 is not as "trick" as the F93, but much more musical, in my very humble opinion. These 3 tuners account for 95% of my music listening/recording and looking back a year ago, the same 3 tuners were "on line" ( at home ) along with a reVox 260S. There are also some killer "budget" tuners out there and my Van Alstine Mod Dyna FM-5 and FM-3 kick butt as does a well tweaked tube Sherwood. You do NOT have to spend a ton of loot on a good tuner. If they are in good health, some of the classic "budget" tuners can simply satisfy your every FM need.
Bottom line.....If you are happy with your FM..........no need to search for another. If you listen to it for hours on end and never touch it ( don't touch that dial ).......leave it alone. If you fuss with it all the time...........it ain't workin :) But then, that kind of sums up all audio equipment for me. Good Listening Gang "the tuner guy"
franz
My favorite tuners currently in my system are the Harman Kardon Citation 18 and Philips AH 673. Both are very satisfying musically and for DX'ing in stock form. Who knows what kind of magic they could put out with a few modded tweaks.As always, a great tuner is only as good as the antenna that's hooked up to it in conjunction with a good clean,uncompressed signal. Check out www.fmtunerinfo.com if you love tuners.
Without a doubt, hands down the vintage Scott 370 FM Tuner. Read the 89 TAS review.Must be tuned and aligned properly. This is a sleeper, Marantz 10B crusher. Live radio performances sound like your in the hall. Good luck finding one!
Luxman T-14. Audio quality is limited only by the quality of the broadcast signal. I think this is true of a number of tuners, but the slim (2") Luxman gets extra points for sheer beauty and layout of controls.
McIntosh MR-71 with Richard Modefferi upgrade. The original MR-71 is very nice sounding. The reception, sound stage and frequency response go one step further after the mod. It sounds better than my $1000 CD player.
However, the broadcast station is also important too.
I've compared to MR-80 ( to warm and dark in my setup) Onkyo 9090 MK II, and Dynalab Etude and they don't even come close. It also looks very classy. Definitely work the collection and enjoyment. I would love to try the MD108 but I can't see myself spending $5000 for a tuner.