some of the best speaker cables under $250

I have owned many many cables over the years but with my current setup I am focusing on a different approach as far as cables are concerned. Impressed with a recently purchased pair of Morrow Audio MA2 RCA cables I feel that there are some great bang for the buck cables available and rather than start with what I've owned and liked in the past I want to try some of the strong contenders in the 'budget' range. Above all else I want musical not dry. I want to hear as much as possible into the music without it becoming clinical. Nothing new, I know.
I'm leaning toward Morrow cables but there seem to be so many cable makers out there I'm interested in what might not be on my radar.
I've owned Signal, Mapleshade, Crimson, LFD, Harmonic Tech, WLM DIY(in use) to name a few. My short list so far: Cullen, thegreencable, Morrow.
My current system consists of an LFD integrated, Tekton LORE Reference loudspeakers, Musical Paradise DAC/OPPO transport.
Thanks-
nrthomas2
Using vintage Western Electric tinned, stranded copper here and they sound great. Buy the wire from ebay in 16, 14, 12 or 10 awg...it all sounds similar and very good. All gauges are made from the same 30 awg strands, and the same thermoplastic covered by cotton casing. I am running biwired 10 awg wires directly from the boards (e.g., no binding posts at the amps) of my Acoustic Imagery Atsahs. The tinned copper has similarities with the Supra 3.4 cables that Nonoise likes. Another good way to use them is to twist quads and use a star-quad connection. Double that up for bi-wire. Don't laugh until you have heard the cable. I have tried a lot of stuff and these are the real deal.
(a) agreed

(b) not so much as there are manifest differences in all of my cables at, below and above the stated price range

(c) cables: Zu Misssion, Mapleshade standard and Double Helix, Clear Day, Tempo Electric, Music Metre, and a couple more I can't remember right now. The Supras simply wiped the floor with them.

All the best,
Nonoise
02-12-15: Devilboy
@ Audiolabyrinth: Thank you. How someone can have the gall to tell you that you won't be able to tell differences in making tweaks in your system, a system he's never heard before, is beyond me. Also, setting a price point to determine the worthiness of a tweak is, like I said earlier, ridiculous. Speaking of which, I'm still trying to make heads or tails of Melbguy1's statement about my "deadpan" remark. ???????
I've been in this game far too long and spent far too much money for comments from those listed above to go unrebuked.
Hey, if people feel they must spend exorbitant amounts of money on equipment (or anything else for that matter), as the only means to achieve great results, then I say LET THEM.
I've been to someone's house a few times whose system retails for around 300K. Every time I've been there, I kept thinking I couldn't wait to get home to listen to my system. While his system did a few things very well, it was too "hifi" and not as natural and organic sounding as my own. Now, this is all according to MY ears of course, but Audiolabyrinth that's all that matters.....your own ears.
Devilboy, why are you so insecure? I descibed your comment "Yeah Mental, ridiculous statement." as deadpan because it was an unqualified remark. You can say I have a "gall" or am "ridiculous". That just sounds like histrionics to me.

Secondly, show me where I said you have to spend "exorbitant amounts of money on equipment (or anything else for that matter), as the only means to achieve great results"?? You can't, can you?

Finally, how can you conclude from hearing one ultra high end system that ALL ultra high end systems are amusical? I think you need to get out and listen to some more systems for your rush to judgment. Fyi, "natural and organic" is what I am for in my system...
02-13-15: Audiolabyrinth
Thankyou devilboy for the kind word's,btW, The person who told that comment to me is the same person who said, dead pan remark to you,and I agree, my ear's is all that matters, however, given your description of the sound of your system, we have the same tast, natural, organic,= win's!
No Keith, you quoted Devilboy's comment criticizing Mental's earlier post. Then when Devilboy later criticized and berated me, you decided to jump in with your opportunistic 'me too' comment above. I don't appreciate being used as your punching bag to brown nose other members.
Fwiw, I made some cables out of 14ga Magnet Wire today. I posted earlier in the cable section regarding details.

Bottom line, it sounds really good to me. The cost is minimal, and when I listened earlier, I didn't feel I was missing anything. Maybe I will feel differently later, who knows. My other cables have ranged from generic stranded 12ga to $400 or so a pair.

I'm sure there are more than one answer to your question- there always is. Just thought I would mention this to you.

Regards