In Memoriam: Bobby Palkovich of Merlin Music

I just read this terrible news about the death of Bobby Palkovich of Merlin Music Systems. He was a great guy and this is very, very sad. Rest in peace, Bobby.

http://www.audioasylum.com/cgi/vt.mpl?f=speakers&m=344617
rebbi
May Bobby RIP and his remaining family find some solace in the future.

I've read through the bulk of these posts and weighed the tenor of them. I enjoy Bobby's incredible product and found the several communiques, personal phone calls and emails with him, pleasant in nature.

However, I am inclusive with several others to the tune of over 10K vested and now apparently lost. I would venture to say those critical of our observations have no skin in the game.

I personally hope his company continues, prospers and is able to distribute product to those owed and that someone pays the highest tribute to him by carrying on his philosophies of sound reproduction which are certainly some of the most impressive I've encountered in my 4 decades of exposure to this most wonderful hobby.

The audiophile community needs far more Bobbies and less of the other ilk. I hope this response strikes the intended balance.
I new Booby since 1980 and we been in contact and getting together at least at 30 CES shows, our mutual business relationship become also great friends, I loved bobby I will miss him all my life.
My deepest condolences to his family and entire staff of Merlin.
Always a great resource for me, Bobby's VSM's were the center of our lives and living room for 15 years. He was helpful with upgrades, and suggestions, and his products were a great value and received nothing but compliments at our house. Suicide is a shame and a mystery, but death rarely comes as a surprise. Eternal rest grant unto him O Lord. RIP.

SC