In Memoriam: Bobby Palkovich of Merlin Music

I just read this terrible news about the death of Bobby Palkovich of Merlin Music Systems. He was a great guy and this is very, very sad. Rest in peace, Bobby.

http://www.audioasylum.com/cgi/vt.mpl?f=speakers&m=344617
rebbi
One reason people loved Bobby P. had to do with the way he treated customers.

Shortly after taking delivery of my TSM-mmi's, I'd written to Bobby asking him about break-in procedure. This is what he wrote back (I still have all of our emails because I'm bad about cleaning out my inbox):

"steve, play them with your best sounding music and at normal listening levels.
and you are in my family now, i will take care of you with pleasure, indefinitely.
ok?
b"

I'll also say that even though I eventually moved on from the TSM's, they were as lovingly made (and packed!) as any product I've ever purchased. Bobby listened to and signed off on every pair that left the factory - they were "his babies." And for a completely handmade product, they were absolutely flawless.
Bobby was an amazing guy when he was feeling well. He had been a huge help in perfecting my system throughout the last year. It's too bad his health had to effect his business and his mind the way it did. He will be missed, and all his helpful information to enjoying his speakers will be forever saved away. Unfortunately now I am completely stuck for that Bobby had a huge amount of my money wrapped up in him helping me acquire Cardas cable for my entire system. I have paid him close to $6K starting in February, and I have absolutely nothing to show for it. I know he meant well, and obviously he wasn't in the right mind and health to follow through with this. If anyone has any contact to Bill at Merlin or ect., please PM me. I've been upset with this entire situation for the last 3 months. And I don't know what to do now. Not trying to be insensitive cause I love Bobby. What an awesome guy!!! But just want to be taken care of as he promised he would have as of last week.
I imported the first Merlins to South Africa in 2004.VSM-MM
Then again in 2011.VSM-MXr/MasterBAM which I still love and own
I also ordered TSM Black Magics now ...dont know what will happen now .....
Very sad news indeed.Bobby made speakers that is absolutely my favourite brand of speakers.
Condolences to family and friends.
I had the please of working with Bob and Hoop for a few years. These are and were among the finest people I have had the pleasure to know. I recently (very recently) rekindled my love of fine sound. Bobby took the time, with great patience, to help me fall back in love with Merlin and fondly remember the years I spent with them as 'the kid'. Rest in peace, my friend, and know that you made a significant impact on me and I recall my time with you fondly and regret we will not share more.

Thank you my friend, for the mentorship and knowledge you bestowed upon me.