PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium

I own this preamp. Is it really that good? I like it, but it is the only "good" preamp that I have ever owned. The reason I ask is because I want to get rid of my x250 and either get an xa-30.8 or get rid of my pre and just get a int-150. Any thoughts??
tswisla
Agree 100% with Zd's last paragraph in his last post. I have heard a few PrimaLuna pieces and thought they sounded terrific. Are there better? Perhaps, but you'll need to hear them to know them, and the differences will generally be subtle. I'd suggest you not worry about how the preamp stacks up to others and instead enjoy it, you have a fine unit and it works well in your system. You could spend a lot more money and not necessarily do better.
I guess that this board should cease to exist and all of the audiophile magazines should fold because everything discussed is too "subjective".
FWIW, your PrimaLuna pre amp is an excellent pre-amp, as are many others. Whether it works for you depends on three things, 1) Your other equipment with which it must synergize: 2) Your physical set up including the room itself: and, 3) most importantly, your expectations, that is its tonality. It is neither a POS or SOTA. It is just another piece of equipment (tool) used to obtain a predetermined sound.

I would be happy to use your pre-amp as a key piece in my system but I would most probably have to use other equipment in my room with my speakers to achieve my sonic expectation.

Perhaps if you would take a moment to describe specifically what you are trying to improve or change in your present situation you would find folks willing to help you achieve that.

Without more information you really can't expect anyone to make intelligent comments.
"06-28-15: Tswisla
I guess that this board should cease to exist and all of the audiophile magazines should fold because everything discussed is too "subjective"."

The comment about the magazines is a good idea. People rely way too much on them, and end up making a lot of mistakes because of it. This thread should stand, however. Hopefully someone will read the magazine comment.