PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium

I own this preamp. Is it really that good? I like it, but it is the only "good" preamp that I have ever owned. The reason I ask is because I want to get rid of my x250 and either get an xa-30.8 or get rid of my pre and just get a int-150. Any thoughts??
tswisla
Wow,maybe if someone owns or has heard any of them? This is not a strange question to post. People look for advice all the time. Anyway, I have read so many positive reviews, but it seems too good to be true for a $3200 unit.
"06-28-15: Tswisla
Wow,maybe if someone owns or has heard any of them? This is not a strange question to post."

I guess it all depends on what you consider strange. You actually own the preamp, but are reading reviews and asking complete strangers if your preamp is any good.

To be fair, I'll treat you're question as if it were not strange. You'll find that the most popular answer will be: The best way to tell how good the Prima Luna preamp is, is to see if you can demo one in your own system.
I don't think any of you are wrong. The OP may not have had any other experience with a better Hi Fi amp. He wants to know if it really a giant killer sounding as good as amps much more costly he himself is not familiar with. ZD -Your answer is also irrefutable - If that amp synergizes with your gear then it is obviously a great pre amp for the OP in the OPs system. In essence saying there is no better knowledge that what you have already.
Tswisla can tell the OP that yes there are better but obviously in Tswisla"s experience that would justify dumping the Dialogue for the Pass and that the OP's upgraditis is reasonable.

I have no dog in this ring and have nothing to add or subtract from the opinions already stated. I just hope I made sense.
"06-28-15: Mechans
I don't think any of you are wrong. The OP may not have had any other experience with a better Hi Fi amp. He wants to know if it really a giant killer sounding as good as amps much more costly he himself is not familiar with."

I fully understand what you're saying, but its a question that only the OP can answer because of its subjective nature. What I think is a good preamp, he may hate. There's so many factors to account for when making a selection like this, you really can't rely on other peoples opinions. And this is especially true for a preamp. Its usually the most important, and difficult component to get right. Nothing sounds worse than a preamp that doesn't work well with the other components.

Given the situation, the only recommendation that I would make, is to take your time. You're happy with the preamp you already have, so don't get rid of it until you have a definite replacement that you know you like better. Once you are able to do some comparisons, you'll find that in some cases, you won't like preamps that cost far more than the PL. That's why you need to be really careful.