oppo 105d mod or look for a new cd player ?

Had dealer install a set of wilson watt/puppy 7's. My system is small comprising of pass labs xa30.5 amp and x1 preamp. My source today is a oppo 105d. I got this since it works for the kids movies etc.. but I listen to 2 channel cd music through it. My dealer advised next upgrade should be my source to a dedicated cd player vs the oppo.
My question is .. lets say budget is $3k-$4K.. would people advise an oppo upgrade (EVS or Modwringht) or a dedicated cd player for the money ? Thanks in advince for any thoughts..
fsyme
Thankful, That's fair enough. I previously owned a modded Ayon CD-5s & own an Oppo 103, but haven't heard any modded Oppo players. Will check them out, cheers!
whatever you do do not use EVS, (the biggest runaround of all time)
total crock of bull too. the guy is as broke as can be and will add virtually nothing to the piece and then run you around like a broken horse until your broke and dead. take my advice and don't use EVS. Absolutely the worse possible person on the planet to chose from and a rip off artist too who does not do what he says. period.I have examples of what kind of runaround I had and what kind of work was done and what kind of a rip off he is.
I now have a total piece of junk 105.
My reputation is sterling. No one feels as this person does. All I can say is that there are two sides to every story but I am not going to tell you my side. Don't believe this kind of thing belongs here. All I can say is what he said is not true and actually the opposite is true. That is all I will say. Check out posts by others about my work and conduct and even contact them if you like. I do incredible work and what I do is incredible for the money.....it is nothing like what he says...nothing. I will say no more about this. End of story.
By the way, the player I modded for this person was an Oppo 95 and it was modded early in 2012 (3.5 years ago).