B&W 804s vs Usher Dance Mini-One

Hello Forum,

I currently own a like new pair of B&W 804s speakers. I am considering selling these speakers (approx 3k) and purchasing the Usher Dancer Mini-One or BE718. I think I can get the Ushers (used on Audiogon) plus an integrated amp (used around $1500) with HT bypass. I know I'll have to add some cash to get both. I've heard the Ushers and really enjoyed the sound, but I don't want to have any regrets on selling the B&W. The speakers would live in a small (11x12) room with only about 5ft. from the listening chair.

Anybody have opinions. For the Integrated amp, I'm considering Vincent, Creek, Bel Canto.

I am astounded at the knowledge on this forum and would really appreciate any feedback.
giantsfreak
More value in Usher per dolar as well.if your room could use them 803 would be different story but I'd agree Usher.Vincent for touch o' tubes.Don't cheap out on strands or at least look for mass,rigidity,and decoupling.I like Sound Anchors even for floor standers like 800 series B&W (sold them between '96-2001 and Bobs bases for 804.803 were great add on if you had wood floors).
Chazz
The best I have heard the little Ushers 718s was in a small room with a Pass Labs XA30.5 power amp and an XP10 pre-amp. They also sounded very good with a Krell KAV400XI. Infact I like the 400XI better than the new Krell S300I. For $1400 to $1700 you can buy a very clean good condition KAV400xi here agon. Be sure to get the Danny Richie upgraded cross overs for the little ushers, it is huge. The Pass stuff sounded excellent with the 718s but that is above budget. If you could find a good deal on a Pass Labs INT 30. that is basically the the XP10 and XA30.5 in one chassis.
You said you'd like to "futureproof" a bit, so between the BE-718 and the Mini Dancer One, I'd definitely go with the MD1. It does extend a little bit deeper and is more room filling, but more importantly, it sounds better than the BE-718, IMHO. Plus, by the time you add a high quality stand to the BE-718, the price difference isn't that big. Plus, if it helps, the MD1 will take up a smaller footprint than the BE-718 on a sizeable stand and actually looks less imposing than a BE-718 on a stand. Don't get me wrong, I like the BE-718, but the MD1 is definitely worth the extra money if it was my choice and the budget allowed.
Thanks to all for the responses.Jaybo - why do you think it's a sideways move? I was hoping to sell the 804s for more than the Mini Ones and put some of the extra cash into an integrated amp.