Speakers for a large room for around $1000

I am moving soon into a new house where the main room is about 12x14ft with a vaulted ceiling up to the second floor (maybe about 15-20 ft high).

I am looking for 2-channel stereo speakers exclusively for music. I don't really play my music that loud, but I do like the music to really fill up the room. I'm not a huge audiophile (meaning I'm not going to spend a lot of time analyzing or obsessing over my speakers)--- all I'm looking for are some good solid speakers that have a good frequency response (and might sound good with a tube amplifier).

My budget is about $1000. I could stretch that up to maybe $1300, but I'd have to be convinced the extra is really worth it. I'd also really prefer to have new speakers, mostly for the warranty. Though again, I could be convinced otherwise if it's worth it.

I've considered speakers from a whole bunch of manufacturers, i.e, Paradigm to B&W, Axiom, DefTech, Klipsch, Polk, etc, but due to my geographical location I'm really not able to demo many, so I'm stuck trying to make this decision based on online reviews. It's tough for me to separate audio speakers from home-theater speakers just by reading reviews.

Any and all help is really appreciated!
blnd2spll
Post removed 
blnd2spll, if the vandis are not what the wife would like, try to find a used pair of proac studio 125, I have owned the 1sc, 1.5 where i live i had a proac dealer right down the street from where i live. so i have spent alot of time listening to proacs the studio 125 are realy nice and in my opinion mate very well with tubes,and goodlooking speaker as well. but i must say proacs do need good amplification to sound their best.just another suggestion,good luck

Unsound, I don't have to, Vandersteen admits it.

I am an old fan of Vandersteens and I have had great sound with Vandersteen speakers and Audio Research, but before buying a pair of used Vandersteens I would have to know the life history.
Rrog, being a former vandersteen owner, I would have to agree with you.My former vandis were hooked to a audio research vs55,sweet sound.