Speakers for a large room for around $1000

I am moving soon into a new house where the main room is about 12x14ft with a vaulted ceiling up to the second floor (maybe about 15-20 ft high).

I am looking for 2-channel stereo speakers exclusively for music. I don't really play my music that loud, but I do like the music to really fill up the room. I'm not a huge audiophile (meaning I'm not going to spend a lot of time analyzing or obsessing over my speakers)--- all I'm looking for are some good solid speakers that have a good frequency response (and might sound good with a tube amplifier).

My budget is about $1000. I could stretch that up to maybe $1300, but I'd have to be convinced the extra is really worth it. I'd also really prefer to have new speakers, mostly for the warranty. Though again, I could be convinced otherwise if it's worth it.

I've considered speakers from a whole bunch of manufacturers, i.e, Paradigm to B&W, Axiom, DefTech, Klipsch, Polk, etc, but due to my geographical location I'm really not able to demo many, so I'm stuck trying to make this decision based on online reviews. It's tough for me to separate audio speakers from home-theater speakers just by reading reviews.

Any and all help is really appreciated!
blnd2spll
I've looked into the Klipsch La Scalas/Cornwalls/Chorus before, and while I'd love them, I think the lady in the house will most definitely not. They just out way too big.

I have considered getting some other floorstanding Klipsch speakers, as I know they have high sensitivity so they might work well with tubes and/or a big space, but I don't really know which models (either used or new) are the best to pursue.

Some of the others I've been looking at (both new and used) are the Revel Concerta F12, Vienna Acoustics Bach, Monitor Audio RS6 and RS8, and as Knownothing mentioned, the Aperion Intimus 6T, but it's difficult for me to figure out how these will hold up in a large space.

I did have a chance to listen to the Paradigm Monitor 7s and the PSB Image T5 at only store near me. I found the PSBs to have very congested mids (just not to my taste), and while I like the Paradigms, they seemed to just barely be able to handle the room they were in, which was about 1/2 the size of mine.
For sale here, I'd seriously consider these NHT 3.3's for $1050. Great review by Stereophile, too. (You'll probably be better off with a solid state amp, though.)

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrfull&1277224169

http://www.stereophile.com/floorloudspeakers/1293nht/
That room isn't that large that you need confine your speakers needs that much. Looks like a very friendly audio/speaker room to me. You might want to decide on your speaker first before constraining them to tube power, especially on your budget.
blnd, among the ones on your list the monitor audios are a real good choice--lots of slam and very good value. the focals are nice burt don't really extend deep; the revels are also fine speakers but need tons of power and probably wouldn't match well with lower-powered tubes. i'd also look at von schweikert vr2, which i often see for around $1250 or so, energy veritas or meadowlark kestrel.
Unsound --- I just wanted to make sure you saw the edit... the room is actually 20x14, not 12x14. I'm not sure which size room you were commenting on.

I'm not really set one way or the other on speakers for tube amps. It's just something that I would like to have the option to check out at some point. Right now I just have a little Marantz P325 amp, so I am probably going to have to upgrade either way.