budget towers? $500/pair

I am a novice in the knowledge of world of high-end audio equipment. I am looking to buy two very budget-minded towers that will fill a small/medium sized room for movies/music. I have a set of yamaha HS80m studio monitors along with the matching sub, and I am very happy with how these sound within a 5' foot range (i.e at my desk mixing music etc). However, these speakers do not seem to have a room filling sound any farther away than a desk seated position in relation to them on account that they are near-field monitors. Does anyone have advice as to whether or not I should stick it out with current monitors or upgrade to a 2.1 tower config for movies/music and if so which brand/model?
klemke89
There's a guy here and on ebay named Lanemart that has Wharfedale 9.6 NIB for $450. I haven't heard them but that's a good price. Tsto.com wants more $ for 9.4's.
The dome midrange looks interesting on the 9.6 as well.
If anyone has heard these can you please comment.
"Vandersteen 2C will not tolerate high volume for long periods of time. It will cause permanent damage to the crossover. It's an inherent problem with Vandersteens."

Have you informed Richard Vandersteen of this?

-Bob
Have you informed Richard Vandersteen of this?

I was thinking the same thing,Hesson11.
I'm sure it's something he'd want to fix, pronto! It's probably something that has escaped his notice in the 33 since the speaker was first produced.

-Bob
Griffinconst,
tsto sells the 9.4 for $299.I am not affiliated with tsto in any way other than being a long time customer.They are one of my favorite local stores,especially for introducing younger folks to a decent pair of speakers at very affordable prices.