Do any amps have 6 ohm taps for 6 ohm impedance?

I'm a newbie, and I don't understand how impedance works. I've just bought a pair of Hyperion 938 speakers that the Hyperion website lists as having a 6 ohms impedance with 3.8 ohms minimum. I'm traveling right now, but I'm pretty sure my amp has 4 ohms taps and 8 ohms taps, maybe even 16 ohms. I'm planning on buying a new solid state amp to drive these speakers, but am I likely to find an amp with 6 ohms taps? Do they exist? And if I don't find one, can I drive these speakers using the 8 ohms taps?

Thanks any help anyone can offer. I know this is a truly ignorant question.

128x128klein_rogge
Klein_rogge - I use same Hyperions with Rowland Model 102 (class D) amp with great results.
Try both and see what you like best.You will not hurt the speakers or amp with either hook up.
If you have a 6ohm speaker you need to use the 4ohm tap, If you only have an 8ohm tap on a tube amp, I think you will be running the tubes alot harder than they should and with increased distortion to boot. Most, not all, tube amps should have a 4ohm tap.
In most cases, running the tap lower than your nomimal impdance will sound better than the tap that matches the nominal impedance, you just 20% of the power, but if it is enough power I think you and your tubes will be happier "light loading".