I want a warmer high end

My Paradigms (yes I know - not the best choice) are still bright in the upper mid and high rages and I'm ready to move on. Maybe I just really dislike anything forward as well.

So, any advice would be great. I need stand mounted monitors and I have an excellent Velodyne sub. Used price point would ideally be below $500.
sjc1204
Have you experimented with "footers" under your components that can tame the forwardness and the high end?

I've done a lot of system tuning and every footer alters the sound differently.

In your case 30 Durometer Sorbothane hemispheres or Herbie's "Tenderfeet" might be just the ticket. It is shocking at times what good system tuning can do to change the sound of your system. "Softer" materials like the two listed above, in conjunction with mass loading your components would almost surely get you much closer to the sound you desire.

The best news is that all of this is inexpensive!
warmth is usually a boost in the lower frequencies, i.e., the upper bass to the lower midrange. sometimes (unwanted) cabinet resonances can accomplish that result, but , obviously, the consequence may have some undesirable affects.

aaas has been suggested, associated equipment is a consideration, but so is auditioning other speakers in your price range. do you really want a paeak in the lower frquencies ?. another way is to find a speaker with a different spectral balance in the lower treble. i can't recommend any, but auditioning a variety will help