Triangle sound-signature category. Which brands?

I am curious about my options withing Triangle Speakers sound signature.
I like their sound: open, dynamic and life like, but I cannot help but wonder what else is out there that sounds just like Triangle, but perhaps more sophisticated or just better overall?
Please share your thoughts as I am very curious about my possible options.

Thank you.
128x128dkzzzz
Nothing I have heard sound quite like the Triangle Titus 202s in my second system.

Focal Profile monitors are probably the closest.
Hey Mapman,

I had a pair of Triangle Titus 202s (or XSs, don't remember, but they were the first version) back when they first came out and I really enjoyed them at the time. For some reason I got on the upgrade bandwagon and I've owned many different speakers since then. I haven't really been happy with my system since then. Makes me wonder if I just really liked the Triangle speakers or maybe I was less critical then (or just happier then).

To jog my memory, can you list the attributes you like about the Triangle Titus? Also, can you tell me if the newer versions are an improvement? Lastly, have you heard any of the larger Triangles that have a lower bass cutoff? Were they also still good across the board? I would like to not feel the need to connect my sub to my system. I don't need really deep bass, just a bit lower than the demunitive Titus can go.

I just picked up a new Musical Fidelity A1 integrated w/36 watts/ch. of class A power. I would think 36 good watts would make the Triangles sing.

Thanks,

TIC
Reubent,

The Triangles are balanced, easy to drive, very detailed and articulate, have very fast transient response and practically disappear in the room when set up properly.

They are among if not the best I have heard at low volumes as a result plus can go loud without breaking up quite well way beyond what their diminutive size would lead you to expect, with good amplification.

Plus they only cost $500 or so brand new when I bought them years ago yet can compete with the best out there I would say.

Their low end is not as extended as some other small monitors like my Dynaudios, but is very full and satisfying alone with proper amplification nonetheless. Add a sub and they leave little to want IMHO.
A small Martin Logan in the mid range, with a bit more top end (Triangle Celius-first year).

Thanx, Russ
Used to own the Ventis XS and the Naia models - in my recent sojourn for new speakers I also auditioned the Quartet and Magellan (monitor)series, within the context of an all Audio Analogue system (a brand that Triangle often co-operates with). I thought that System Audio, Living Voice and Chario did (more or less) share some common traits and attributes with that of Triangle.