Art Audio - anyone know what's up?

Hi all - first time poster here. I've been building a SET based system for the past couple of years, with an Art Audio Jota at the center of it. Hence the question…

Anyone know what's going on with Art Audio and their U.S. service? I've tried reaching Tom Hudson at Hudson Audio Imports in New Jersey - supposedly their US representative - but he hasn't returned calls for a couple of months and now there's no outgoing voicemail message identifying the company. I sent an email query to Art Audio via their UK Website, but got no response. Then I called them in the UK and … you get the picture. nada.

Disclaimer - I know there are lots of, shall we say, "colorful" stories about the previous US representative for Art Audio. I'm mainly interested in finding service for the Jota in the future. There's nothing wrong with it at the moment - I spoke to Tom Hudson a while ago about upgrading the output transformers, and I was thinking about pulling the trigger.

Any help much appreciated! Dan
jollytinker
Sorry for our mutual loss: I loved the HC Jota when I had one. I got rid of it some time ago because I got concerned that it used some proprietary parts and I heard things about the distribution, probably like you did. I didn't need another $KK boat anchor.

That's a shame because dollar for dollar, AA stuff was some of the best I've ever used and I swap out a lot of gear.
Yeah - I do love the amp. Hopefully all is well in Art Audio land and the problem is just Hudson Imports.
You might contact CommandAV in the DC area. They used to represent AA. They might be able to refer you to someone in your area for future assistance.