Adcom 515 verse Monster 3600 or 2600 power conditi

I owned a Monster 2500 power unit for years then sold it for a 3500 which gave up the ghost two days ago. I am looking at at 3600 and a 2600 but in the meantime my brother gave me a Adcom 515 he had laying around. From a sound stand point should I stay with the Adcom or go back to the Monster. I have heard it said the Adcom does not do much?? Thanks
128x128geph0007
I would not recommend Adcom 515 on anything draws more current than a clock radio.

04-14-15: Wolf_garcia
Other's claim better results with expensive AC stuff (some of these results seem directly related to EJS or Expense Justification Syndrome), but I've used an Adcom 515 since new and it works perfectly and the system sounds great with the thing..
If Adcom 515 sounds good with your components, I would not waste money on after market PCs but stick with stock. It will make NO difference.
I use the Adcom ACE-515 for my entire analog front end and sonically I have had no issues at all with it. The delay switches for it work great in my situation. Best $60 I spent on my system.
I've thought of re-wiring the main cable of the 515 with a Pangea or Shunyata or something, but am too lazy. I'm used to the snarky comments from Joecasey and others as finding people with great sounding rigs using 515s here and there does fly in the face of the entire "Large and Expensive AC Power Gizmo" industry, of which the 515 was an early very well regarded although never really expensive component. Nobody imagined when these things came out that you could easily spend 4 thousand bucks on an AC plug device, but then people scoffed at my secret backyard nuclear reactor (thank you mothballed submarine industry)...my neighbors have NO idea...
Sure Geph,

it is the design of those Monster products- taking away power & current to operate. (2) other considerations- where do you live? what other gear is in your system?

Keep me posted and Happy Listening!
Joecasey....can you explain your conclusion regarding the 515. Your statement is strong but you failed to support the reason(s) why you made it. Please do so empirically. Much appreciated.