All vandersteen users ?

have been using vk55: 55wpc for a pair of vandersteen 2ce Sig2 where have been recently told by another dealer that unless we hit 200W, one cannot really imagine what these speakers are capable of ..... he mentioned immensely higher 'headroom'

now looking at either upgrading to

1. a pair of vk55 monblocks
2. or just a vk75

Speakers wise, wld be looking at going up to vandersteen quatro...

Qn: Wld 02 x vk55 monoblocks really be too little for vandersteen 2ce Sig2 OR for that matter the quatro..

any advice from any vandersteen users wld be highly appreciated...
art80342
Point taken regarding original poster and the built-in subs. I have used my 60 watt ARC amp exensively with 2s, 3s, and 5s, with roughly the same loudness results. It looks like the rated sensitivity and power recommendations are about the same for the 5 and 2CeSig2 (40 to 200 watts for the 5, 40 to 160 watts for the 2CeSig2).

Thanks all for contribution and advise and opinions ....

was about to commit on a pair of dealers demoed QUATRO ... but stumbled upon the REFERENCE 3A - 'GRAND VEENA' that is

- abt same price range
- getting rave reviews (unbelievable compliments)
- cross overless design
- looks better (not important)

what wld u choose? my pre/power amps are BAT vk32/vk55 ...

no chance for audition on ref 3A :(
Everyone says make sure your amp(s) is(are) compatible. The two speakers seem to be opposites! The GV have loads of inner detail and are bass shy, the Quatro has mucho bass but not the inner detail of the GV. Personally if I had to choose I'd take the GV's.