All vandersteen users ?

have been using vk55: 55wpc for a pair of vandersteen 2ce Sig2 where have been recently told by another dealer that unless we hit 200W, one cannot really imagine what these speakers are capable of ..... he mentioned immensely higher 'headroom'

now looking at either upgrading to

1. a pair of vk55 monblocks
2. or just a vk75

Speakers wise, wld be looking at going up to vandersteen quatro...

Qn: Wld 02 x vk55 monoblocks really be too little for vandersteen 2ce Sig2 OR for that matter the quatro..

any advice from any vandersteen users wld be highly appreciated...
art80342

Unsound,

A dealer was telling you that the 2Ce Sigs won't reach their true potential unless you drive them with something that's 200 watts...

That just seems a little silly.

Driving them with a 175-watt integrated does give them some more "headroom" than a 50-watt integrated (I guess that's the way to put it), but I just don't want you thinking that it's going to be worlds of difference.

The gear you already have should be plenty good!
Theunderlyingtheme, the dealer wasn't telling ME anything, but thank you for the clarification.
Hello unsound,

I have Vandersteen 5s and I am powering them with a 60 wpc tube amp. My room is fairly large and I am quite happy with the sound level. I don't agree with the blanket statement made by the dealer.
This thread was started by Art80342, not me and relates to the Vandersteen 2ceSig2's.
Vandersteen recommends between 30 and 200 watts for the 5a's. I think it fairly reasonable to expect the 5's with their built in amplified subs in less need of external power than the 2's. Vandersteen cautions about over amplifying.
FWIW, when possible I like to use the maximum recommended power, but always fall back on the old audiohphile suggestion of using at least double the manufacturers' recommended minimum power recommendation.