Swap my klipsch heresy's for Ohm walsh 2

I have an 20 year old pair of Klipsch Heresy's that are in
excellent condition that I can swap for a pair of Ohm
walsh 2's--I realize they are a completely different sound-
any thoughts?
128x128rbaker
The OHMs will love lots of power but really only need 60-80 good watts (lots of current) to sound good.

Klipschs arfe more efficient will go louder faster but may also benefit from more power.

The two sound different and have totally different strengths/weaknesses. No way to know which is right till you try both properly set up.
Mechans,

I recently bought Ohm 100s and maintained for almost 2 months (I made several posts to this effect on various threads in this forum) that the speakers were mediocre as far as large scale dynamics. I was going to hang on to them anyway because I really like other aspects of their performance. The question ultimately has become moot. Whether it was break in time, a switch of amps, or both...the speakers are now much improved in this regard.
I won't argue that they're state of the art dynamically, but they have definitely improved to a point where there is no meaningful issue for me. I would certainly have gotten your point a couple of months ago, but today I'll disagree. Not "dead" by any means.

Marty
One more thought. Just to see if my impression of improved dynamics was
the result of my "acclimating" to the speakers or whether the
speakers had actually improved, I briefly dropped my pair of Zingali 3s back
into the system the other day. These horns are about the most dynamic
speakers I own (although, in fairness, my Merlin VSMs are probably just as
good. I chose the Zings because they're easier to flip back into the system
than the VSMs). Two impressions:

1)The Zingalis do sound a bit more dynamic. More significantly so at modest
spls, much less obviously as the volume knob went up to my preferred
listening level.

2) I vastly prefer the Ohms overall.

One disclaimer - I use the Ohms with subs.

Marty
Marty,

keep in mind that the poster is talking about original Walsh 2's from the 80's I believe, not newer ones with model 100 drivers of any series.

There is a big difference believe me (I've owned both concurrently and compared). The original Walsh 2s roll only go to 17000khz or so according to published Ohm specs whereas the newer drivers use a different tweeter and extend further.

Original Ohm Walsh 2s sounded a bit dead or flat compared to the newer 100s to me as well, which is why I upgraded.

Otherwise dynamics in general were also not to the level of the newer 100s with the same amp driving them.

Most people out there who own OHM walsh speakers own the originals, which were sold through various hifi chains in much larger quantities back then.

The newer series 3 drivers have only been out for a few years and only available direct from OHM. They cost more, and have teh level of overall refinement in the sound one would expect these days. The originals were still pretty good, but not in the same league soundwise IMHO.

The thing to do is pick up a pair of cheap Ohm Walsh 2's on ebay and order the upgrade for $800 or so. This gives you the best sound possible for the least amount of money.

Walsh 2's sold for $800/pair back in the 80s. New 100 series three cost twice that. The upgrade however costs the same as you would have paid back then but is in a totally different league.
Keep your Heresys.

Depending upon where you are located, you might want to come by and take my Walsh 2s off my hands - free. I have not used them in years, bought them at salesman's comp price back in the 80s. Match-grain oak. Cabinets are fairly good, "top hats" need re-clothing, one speaker needs the top driver repaired.

I am located near Washington, DC...

-RW-