Eggleston Andra IIIs at CES

Has anybdy had an opportunity to hear these speakers? Interested in how/if the new carbon fiber midwoofers improve the sound.
westborn
Kurt, tank, Knghifi

I have my Andra ll's speakers about 5-6 feet out into the room. Pulling them so far out does reduce the bass, but the soundstage is incredible! To augment the slight loss in the bass, I am using a Fathom F-113 sub.

Speaker cables that I am using are the Synergistic Apex bi-wire. These are not true bi-wire but have a pigtail to the other spades.

I would really like to try the Vahalla cables on the Andra's someday.
My III's are about 30 to 36 in into room, I am still moving them around a bit, but found that the base is clearer (to me) in my room at this distance. I have a pair of JL F113 that I us for movies only, I found that the bass in the III was so good that no need for a sub with music.

Speaker cables are Shunyata Orion’s with a pr of custom made Shunyata Orion jumpers and I am pleased with the results however I have only tried another pr of speaker cables with them so my experience with Cables and EW’s is limited.

Last cables were a very fine pr of Esoteric Mexcel 7N-S9000, little dry and lifeless
Oh also for what it is worth. When I visted the Eggleston Works factory a couple of years back, Jim said that the Andra II's are wired internally with Transparent Cable. He didnt say what the cable model was though.

Kurt_tank,

Yes the backs of my Andra II are 48 inches from the front wall. I found this gives me the best combination of sound.

I'm still adjusting the toe-in. It seems impossible to get a setting that works for all my music especially the compressed CDs :-)

Currently I'm using SR Apex Bi-wire spkr cables and planning to try ASI Liveline cables next. I scheduled an in home audition with a local dealer next month. I found high resolution and revealing cables work best in my system.

Ozzy, the last time I tried Transparent, I found the sound too dark for my taste. I think it's probably due to their voicing of the networks. I much prefer MIT to Transparent way back when it was my favorite cable.
speaking from experience, unfortunately if you saw the utility grade of wire (i.e.- lamp-cord) in the eggleston speaker cabinets you would no longer worry about their being made by anyone in particular. not that they don't do the job, but they are simply copper wire (unstranded) inside of a basic jacket.