Recommend Class a Amp

This past weekend I purchased some Infinity QLS-1 Speakers and the gentlemen I bought them from was powering them with a Krell KSA-250. I was impressed, how the Krell drove those speakers. Most of my amps are tube and I would like to get me a keeper used well thought of class A solid state amp. I would like to stay in the Under thew 3K price range. Look forward to your recommendations.
robmag
This could be interesting...

http://app.audiogon.com/listings/solid-state-pbn-sierra-audio-whitney-power-amp-2015-03-13-amplifiers-32713-debary-fl--2

Looks like it can be run Class A/B or A, and it comes in at half your price target. 120 Wpc but doubles to 240 Wpc into 4 Ohms I'm guessing in A/B and 100 Wpc in Class A that may well double into 4 Ohms. Here's the kicker, you can buy two and still be within your budget and probably be at 200 Wpc pure Class A. I've heard Peter's amps and they are quite special. Very well made and designed and consistently get stellar reviews. I'd be sorely tempted if I were you given your budget and requirements. No ties to seller BTW.
Soix, the short answer is no. Even both of'em won't be in pure class A 200wpc. My best guess they will work 2...5Wpc each in class A.
Yeah, in a quick search I wasn't able to find specs other than a reference to the Whitney in this Ultra Audio review, which is where I got my 100Wpc Class A spec from.

http://www.ultraaudio.com/equipment/pbn_olympia_l_mini_olympia.htm

I know that's kinda weak. BTW, what does "2...5Wpc each in Class A" mean? Not sure I follow. I know Peter does seem to favor using relatively large transformers in his amps, which made me think 100Wpc Class A could be possible. He is also very high on the power and performance of his amps in mono, so I was kind of (maybe incorrectly) extrapolating that those past design elements may have also made it to the Whitney. But again, not having seen the specs I could be completely off base here.
Thanks Almarg! :-)

Nobody has mentioned the Plinius SA-250Mk4 class-A/class-AB power amp? I've heard this power amp driving B&W N803 speakers & it sounded very nice to me. There's a switch in the front that toggles between class-A & class-AB & it believe there is a DIP-switch inside that sets the time that the amp is in class-A before it transfers to class-AB if it's not being used (of course it stays in class-A if it's being used). These used to go for $5000 used.
I think it's still a very good amp.
The top-plate got scalding hot & i'm sure that the heat sinks were at 55C or higher (never measured them but taking a guess based on my experience with some class-A amps).

Excuse my ignorance, as I'm from down under (Australia), but why every time I suggest to you American lot, the Parasound JC1 monoblocks I always get a stoney silence?

These John Curl designed beauties are a steel new and s/h, when you live in US. We get charged over $12000K new for them here in Oz, and over $8K second hand. But I've seen them s/h over there for under $4k

Is there a anti highend vendetta against Parasound because they make cheap stuff as well, as these JC1's are firmly placed in the Krell league.

Cheers George