Wilson better than Thiels?

I have got Thiels. I have listened to Wilson’s Sophia. Can't make decision on up-grade or not! Please tell me your opinons?
luna
I've heard both the Thiels and Wilsons sound ear bleeding harsh and bright. i have heard the Thiels sound wonderful, and the Wilsons sound good. In equal price range i like the Thiels. Which Thiels do you own, and what Wilsons are you thinking about?
The folks who say that Thiels sound harsh are sadly mistaken (my opinion). I myself have been pondering whether to keep the Thiel 2.3's which I have enjoyed for the past six years or to upgrade to the Sophias. The Sophias have a better extended lower range are a little better in overall detail, dynamics and soundstage (wider & deeper). However, unless you have good front end components, can sound a tad forward. The Thiels on the other hand give the Wilsons a real good run for their money. The cabinets aren't as quiet as the Wilsons and could be a little better in sound stage depth. However, match it with some good tubes and get them placed properly in your room and boy do they sound fantastic. If you love acoustic music and vocals and want to hear subtle changes/differences in any equipment, the Thiels will clearly reveal them. Contrary to one of the above posts, there is absolutely NO lack in emotional conveyance of the music. Every time I hear Alison Krauss, Joni Michell or Mary Chapin Carpenter though them, I tend to close my eyes and smile. Although I love the Sophias, every time I compare them to the Thiels, I can't seem to justify spending 3 times more for them. However, being the nut I am will eventually get them. With the Thiels you get a lot for your money. Both are fantastic speakers designed by two of the best engineers. For now, my heart says Wilsons, but my wallet says Thiels and I know that I will be extremely happy with either.
Sorry for the late response. I live in the other side of the world!
My equipments are as follow.
Thiels 3.6
CJ Premier 350/AR VT100ii
Herron VTSP2
Meridian G08 CD
All Cables-Cardas golden ref.
I have always been a Thiel person. Owned 2.2, 2.4, and now 3.6.
The system has never been hashed if played in the right volume. It is very balanced but can sounded a little flat and lacks the last bit of emotions. What I am wanting is a bit more openness and a better sense of realism. I have thought about a total change of taste and go for Harbeth but there is no dealer in Sydney. Listened to the Wilson’s a few time and they seems very lively. I thought Thiel’s and Wilson’s are on the cool side and Wilson has better performance.
Well, Thiel’s are good speakers but after 15 years, I just want a change!
I used to think my Thiel CS6's were bright until I started to feed them properly. Like many of the great speakers they require a lot of care with regards to location, cabling and related equipment. They are unforgiving and will reveal any weakness in your system.

That said, change can be good.
Funny how these threads go. What's better- this or that?

I've salivated waiting to hear $50,000 Wilson's that disappointed me, and I've heard a pair of Dunlavy SC-5's that brought tears to my eyes. But I just can't proclaim one better than the other. Both are capable and very different approaches.

I've concluded that until you can have a speaker for an extended time and work with placement, room problems, etc, you never really know it.