Verity Parsifal or Magico V3 or Wilson Benesch ACT

I owned a pair of the original Verity Audio Parsifals and they were fantastic in my room (19'x15'x8' - speakers on the long wall). I went high efficiency route for a while (Avantgarde Uno's then Duo's) but am looking for a dynamic speaker again.

These three are on my list, but I would consider others as well. I have not heard any of these, and nobody around has the WB Act.

I would prefer something that I could drive with around 50-100w of tube power.

Would appreciate any comments on these.
128x128r32nj
Once again,

Indeed, the Verity may have a thousand problems due to its poor design (or it may not). I have not commented either way. You heard an obvious tonal balance problem with the Parsifal. I know of no-one else who has. I merely suggested that tonal balance is not a function of a speaker, but of a speaker in a specific room and that, in the vast majority of rooms, the Verity's anechoic suck-out is either barely audible or completely inaudible. I made the statement based on my own 10 years of experience, the experience of many, many hobbyist listeners who have heard the speaker in my home(s), a survey of print reviews, and a survey of on-line reviews (including the one you linked to).

I noted that this qualifies you as an outlier in this regard and that there are many possible explanations for this - including the possibilty that your judgement has been colored by your knowledge of the speaker's design and anechoic performance. I do not believe that I have made any other claim and, if I have, it was certainly unintentional.

With that, I think I've said what I have to say.
Best luck with your on-going efforts.

Marty

And to clarify my comment re: Wilson, I was merely speculating and I believe I made that quite clear in the post.
So if we are concluding, I take it you see no correlation between your listening experience and objective assessments like measurements. Not only that, but you are suggesting, that since I do actually hear the speakers the way they actually sound, I am the ‘outlier’. Very interesting but totally irrational. BTW, I know quite a few that do not care for the Verity and share my opinion on them. And you know quite a few that do. So what? That does not change the fact that these are ‘objectively’ poorly design speakers.
I have no exp w/ WB but did audition a variety of models from Verity and Magico. Plus I am no tech guru so I'll leave that to others. One thing that they really differ I found was speaker positioning. For the Verity's you really need them out further in the room due to their rear firing bass. One can turn these speakers around so to speak so its front facing bass but then probably not as effective as the original design concept I would suspect. I also thought the Verity's had a more precise sound stage re location of instruments but overall size of sound stage was smaller than the magicos. Personally I also came with an impression that the Magico's are better letting a nautral beauty of tonality to come through. Having said it was via different amps and different rooms so that could explain a lot of things. Happy hunting
Another famous reviewer who didn't like the Parsifals at all was J. Peter Moncrieff, of IAR.
Dhaan, what are five objectively good speakers you think we should consider?