Marten Coltrane Alto speakers

Has anyone had an opportunity to ever hear these speakers? I love their look and 6Moons had a wonderful review of them with the exception that it was mentioned that it takes up to a year to break them in.
bostonbean
IT is RIDICULOUS to pretend that a speaker needs 1 year to break in

There is no physical reason to that

Some reviewers are incompetent.

Maybe (as all the marten design line) the alto have the awful/penible high

It probably takes 1 year to completely destroy your ears and make them sound less aggressive.

samuel33, i hv run my martens' with a fair variety of amps (both tubes & ss) & never experienced this "awful/penible high" that you speak of. am rather curious what system you heard the coltrane altos' (or some other marten speaker) in?!
I have heard them,and must say that they are just great.

Having said that,The fast sound might not be to everybody's taste.This is WAY.....better than Magico's highly regarded mini,to my ears
If you pay particular attention to quality source[dcs puccini ,for eg] and tube amps[my preference for the Marten] you would be rewarded with a wonderful,beautiful set of speakers
Alexsee , the penible Highs are the plague of modern speakers

Some speakers suffer less than other of this problem

Marten design is quite on the side of overly in your face, as Avalon indra and many ceramic based speakers

It is enjoyable at first and not that great after

It is why tube amp are great with these speakers it makes them sound more gentle

It was not a post against Marten design 90% of the avaible speakers suffer from that problem

because it is easy to sell speakers that impress at first

-----

And the point of my post was to say that a 1 year breaking is a physical non sense

The high destructing the ears in one year was a joke...