Tightening loudspeakers screws...

If Magico founder is right(Stereophile #5/2008) all screws holding the loudspeakers to conventional front baffles are going to get loose in weeks/months...
Any help on this?
Should I tighten up my Cello Premiere ones?; how far?
Many thanks in advance
dgd
agondgd
BTW, stripped screw holes, especially in MDF is always a potential issue when tightening the screws. Don't overtighten them or the holes will strip out. If you do have a hole strip out, a quick "fix" is to remove the screw and stick a few pieces of toothpick into the hole. The screw will tighten against the new wood (toothpicks) which will expand out against the sides of the hole and provide some grip.

This "trick" is not a substitute for proper torquing of the screws in the first place, but it can help if you are already in the situation where you have a stripped hole.

Enjoy,

TIC
..regarding Narrod's question. B&W require specific torquing for some of their speakers. The drivers have a foam gasket which if tightened too tight can squash the gasket and nullify the good research that went into the speaker itself. There are many manufacturers that have tightening issues. Check with your builder to see if they recommend tightening...and also, if you tighten the drivers too much, you can warp or strip the attachments. Be careful.
Stringeen, that makes sense. I just can't imagine any benefit to leaving them "loose".