JC1 upgrade to Lamm M2.2 or dartzeel 108B or Ayre?

I currently driving Harbeth M40 with parasound JC1 amp, my pre-amp is Conrad Jonson Act 2 series 2, source is PS audio DirectStream

I am thinking upgrade my system start with JC1

I need some advice: do you think Lamm M2.2 is a better amp than JC1, how about Dartzeel or Ayre

I have no plan to update Harbeth M40 yet

thanks in advance
taoh2
Guys, I"ll will usually listen to user groups who have their systems in their homes and also network. Here is a great link to show that I was just sharing what Harbeth owners know:

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?cspkr&1050413633&openfrom&1&4#1
My 2 cents? I've owned Dartzeel (and really miss it). I currently own 40.1's, SF Strads, Conrad Johnson ART monos and ARTsa with a GAT.

You CJ preamp with the Dartzeel will be outstanding on the 40's. No doubt. Power with the Dartzeel should be enough to drive them to satisfactory levels. CJ ART or ARTsa will be also be amazing on the Harbeth.

Both the Lamm and Ayre will be a different kind of good. To my ear, Dartzeel and Conrad Johnson are amazing pieces. I have not tried the new current Ayre 20 series gear but like the non 20 gear enough to recommend you get an audition. A friend owned the mid level Ayre and it sounds really good.

Another amp I absolutely love on the Harbeth with my GAT preamp is a Hegel H30. The H30 is an outstanding performer.
Joe, it's interesting to read the amps you like as all sound so different to my ears. I have owned CJ and listened to all the Art gear (going out later today to audition the CJ ART gear with B&W's which I don't usually like. Will be interesting.

I own an Ayre Ax7e (selling it off) and am waiting on my Ayre AX5/20 based off of hearing the 20 ref gear. Holy crap what a difference.

I have heard the Dartzeel amps once and liked what they did, but for my the Ayre bested them overall. Those new Ayre pieces take them to a special place and I think in time will be considered must auditions (as if they aren't already). The only times I"ve heard Hegel they were very tipped up on top. Not distorted like many pieces out there, but just not as coherent as I'm used to. They make great gear though, that's for sure. Nice price points for all they give you in their DAC/integrateds. JMHO
This whole crap about Harbeth needs SS is started non other than his highness Alan Shaw. Sorry, but I really find him heavily opinionated and someone who likes to force his opinion down the throat of the audience.
Lesser known, I heard BSC (Bully Sound Company) class A amps with Harbeth's 30.1. They were awesome.