What If?

Crazy question. Lets say that you have owned Klipschorns for the last 20 years and that you will never sell them. You have a room though that is fairly large (17.5'w x 26'L x 9' H) and your are thinking that it's time to add another set of speakers in the room; something entirely different, just for fun, just to switch around too on ocassion... The KHorns are in the corners so they are pretty much out of the way.... You're a tube-a-phile with a Hovland HP-100, and a set of VTL 125's MB with EL34's. You have a very nice table; an Aries 3 with a DV507 MKII arm...

What speakers would you add into the room? Of course they cannot be too HUGE because most likley they would be moved out of the sound field when listening to the Khorns. Got any ideas?

thanks
stickman451
I'm sorry that I can't give you a speaker recommendation but I do have some thoughts: I would guess that you made some compromises in your main system - that it is tuned to play all the music you like acceptably well. Perhaps this is a good time to address those compromises. Buy speakers that compliment the Klipschorns by virtue of having different strengths, and then optimize both speaker systems for the type of music that each does particularly well. Just a thought.
Viridian, I think if Stickman451 put an acoustic panel like a GIK 244 panel in frt of the k horns that effect would be eliminated.
I love the Khorns, but for something that is different, has particular strengths of it's own, and would work very well with your tubes, I would recommend Silverline sr17.5.
I like the Quad idea too. Your room is big enough for them, your amps are well suited, and you clearly like a fast sound. I would go for the 989 to get extra bass. I imagine you could place them against the front wall when you'r not using them, with a blanket on them. Let us know what you come up with. Best, Peter

PS - I'm not convinced the new series of Quads justifies the price difference - though they are cool looking.