Recommend a forward speaker

Apologies in advance for cross posting this on AA as well, but figure there might be some different suggestions over here.

When I say forward, I mean the music is presented forward on the stage, NOT necessarily bright (but could lean that way).

I've got a pair of Verity Audio Parsifals, and they are not forward, and although I love their coherent and open sound, sometimes I feel like the stage is just too far back. I've done a lot to bring it forward: silver cables (Stereovox), Amperex 6922 in my amps, Canary ca 160 amps, Emm front end, still, the basic character of the speakers are still laid back. The soundstage at this point is probably about 3 to 4 feet behind the plane of the speakers. I prefer it at or slightly forward the plane of the speaker. That's what I get for buying without listening first. Although, honestly, it took some listening to finally put my hand on this. I was so taken aback by their beautiful, open sound, it was hard to understand their presentation fully.
128x128dennis_the_menace
beware of what you wish, for you may achieve it and be fatigued after a while. what is initially attractive may become tiring at some point.

you might appreciate the vivid character that you desire, bbut it might be stimulus overload after some period of time. approach your goal with caution.
I think you would love Focal/JM Lab Electra or Utopia speakers with the Be tweeter. They have absolutely incredible realism, which is something I have never found in laid back speakers. So I know exactly where you are coming from.

The Electras are slightly faster and more forward than the Utopias. From the looks of your room, the new 1037Be would be my choice in terms of cost, frequency extension, technology, style and build quality - and they will love your amps.

Arthur
Nautilus 802's project forward and won't bite when driven by good tube amps.
Instead of changing your speakers (expensive) you might audition an Arcam CD player (CD33 or CD36)they tend to be more immediate sounding (a little more presence) than most of the CD players I have tried without sounding bright.

Eagle amps also lend that presence to the soundstage they present.
ATCs: the active or passive versions?

I would go older passive 20's second hand or 35's (rare) for a modest investment to see if you like the more forward presentation. My concern would be that with the 20's you will want or expect more deep bass and this will require a sub. Not that the 20's do not have bass - they do and it is very punchy or fast - a pretty convincing kick drum...but they certainly do not do the bottom octave (20 to 40 Hz). If you get hooked on the sound then plan later to eventually upgrade to an active version. If not you have not lost too much in terms of an experiment. The forward presentation will take a while to get used to but it seems to be what you are seeking.