Help with Preamp selection

Hello Everyone, I am building a new system and I am having a hard time with selecting a preamp to be paired with my Pass Labs XA-30.5 Class A amp. I am no audio engineer and to be honest I really don't know what to make of all the specifications. I have read where the Pass amp like low input gain from a pre-amp but other than that I am unsure what else to look for. I definitely want a pre-amp with balanced inputs and outputs so I can experience everything the balanced PASS labs has to offer. I am leaning towards solid state vs tubes only because their seems to be more balanced offerings and less maintenance.

My budget is $1000-$2000 for a used or new unit. Here are some of the choices I have been mulling over:
1. Wyred 4 Sound STP SE
2. Lower end Ayre Unit (This is $3500 new but have seen as low as $2K on used market
3. Parasound JC-2 (out of my range even used)
4. Cary Audio SL-100 (New)
5. Audio Research (So many units to choose from would be interested if they are in price range)
6. Jolida Fusion

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Lastly - any recommendations on budget speaker cable and interconnects? I am looking for well made but at a reasonable price. Budget for 10' speaker cables $200-$250 and XLR connectors $100-$150.

Thanks in advance for your responses.
Neil
nmiller1202
Many SS manufacturers recommend leaving their gear on 24/7. Many people feel that SS gear takes days to sound it's best. Whereas tube gear tends to warm up in an hour or so.
Thanks for your input JMC - would this hold true for the pass amp as well?
"Many SS manufacturers recommend leaving their gear on 24/7. Many people feel that SS gear takes days to sound it's best."
Nelson Pass designed Preamps typically don't have power switches anyway so when they're plugged they are "on." But a preamp is just a line stage and doesn't draw enough to even worry about in the slightest. So relax and enjoy the music : )
And even tubed Preamps (like my Cary) can also be left on practically all the time. Tubes in Preamps will last thousands of hours. Turn off the tube pre when you know you won't be listening for days or when you're traveling. Tubed POWER amps are a different story however!! : )
Nmiller, one of the standard classic entry level interconnects lots of folks recommend are the PBJ model from Kimber. I've never tried them myself however. I have Kimber Hero and they are good. I usually only buy interconnects when I can find a good deal because my theory is that audiophile cables are ridiculously overpriced for what they are (Copper wire). I've tried the AudioQuest Diamondback and king Cobra. and they are good enough to recommend too. In fact both of those have been discontinued from the AQ line so you can find some great closeout prices at places like Music Direct. King Cobra are quite good and at clearance prices can be considered entry level price. I only purchase Cables from reputable places because supposedly online there are counterfeits out there. Good luck!
I have an ayre k5xe mp that I have been meaning to put up on agon for $1,650. Just too lazy to take the photos, etc (and still playing with its replacement, Jeff Rowland Criterion). The Ayre blew my mind when I heard it and punches way above its weight class. Im in NY. Tough to beat for $3500MSRP. Havent heard anything with the organic, uncolored sound at that low a price. It unsorts the strings and unleashes the dynamics quite nicely.