Thiel 7.2 and the 3.7

Hello Folks:

Wondering if anyone has had the early opportunity to compare the sound of these speakers. The 7.2 is the best speaker I have ever heard and judging by the buzz and company releases on the 3.7, it should be an experience.

Regards:

D.H.
danhirsh
The 3.7s have been at the Audio Alternative outside of Atlanta for around two weeks now. i have been working so much I have not had a chance to go in and spend some time with them. I will head that way tomorrow for a couple hours of listening time.
Danhirsh,
My wife and I got to spend a few hours with the 3.7 yesterday. Listened to some vinyl and digital and came to the conclusion that we will not give up our 7.2s and cash (selling them used) to get the 3.7s. They are very good speakers! Great soundstage, great bass, smooth as can be. But so are the 7.2s.
What we thought is that although each speaker has its strengths, neither is overall better than the other. They sound quite a bit alike.
We did decide when (and if) the direct replacment for the 7.2 (7.3 ?) does come out we will spend the cash and upgrade our speakers at that time.
If I did not own the 7.2s I would probably jump on a new pr. of 3.7s. I am going to go back in two weeks after they are fully burned in and take another long listen. The one area that the 3.7s are possibly unequaled by any price speaker I have heard is in the soundstage. The 7.2s are very good. The 3.7s are better.
Tom,
What is the difference in bass depth and power between CS7.2 and CS3.7?

BTW, it seems that Thiel discontinued CS7.2 from May 2007...
http://www.thielaudio.com/THIEL_Site05/Pages/promo_downloads.html

So, either is CS3.7 new provisional Thiel's top model or we will see something like CS7.3 at CES2008...
The bass seems a little stronger and deeper with the 7.2. But the bass is very good with the 3.7. I listened to the 3.7 with both a smart sub and without one and the differences seemed more in a better soundstage with the sub than added bass presence.
Based on early reports I'm guessing that a 3.7 would be a very clear leap up from my 2.3s.