Opinions on newest NHT Absolute Zero

I'm considering buying the newest in the "Zero" line from NHT, the Classic Absolute Zero. I know the Super Zero got tremendous reviews from every source I could find and it looks like the more recent Absolute Zero should be even better, but I can't really find many good reviews.

If anyone owns or has had a chance to listen to the Absolute Zero speaker from NHT, I would love to know what you think.

In my setup, they will be placed on a bookshelf in a 16'x20' room that is fairly live. Since the Absolute Zero is an enclosed design with bookshelf placement considered in the design, and with NHT usually making a warmer speaker, it seems like a good fit if the sound quality is up to par.

Any help is appreciated!
128x128heyitsmedusty
The NHT's are one of the few speakers that I have experienced that do well with inside bookcase placement. I used a pair of NHT SB2's in this way for a number of years. With a backless bookcase, the NHT's should do even better. In my friend's set-up mentioned previously, her bookcase is more of an glass and wood, open rack affair. Her room has only window/venetian blinds and light rugs, so the room is pretty minimalist/live. I was very much taken with how good the system sounded. The music played was Talking Heads, Morrissey, and Sinatra.

Besides acoustic suspension design speakers, you can also consider front ported designs. For the money though ($260 a pair at J&R Music with free shipping), this speaker is very hard to beat.

FWIW, other speakers that I have tried with bookshelf placement and how they fared: B&W 302 (dreadful), EPOS ESL3 (boxy/ nothing special), Wharefedale Diamond 8"s and 9's (good/ much better on stands), Omega Super 3 (if you are not using tubes, don't bother. If you are, then very good), NHT SB2 (very good), Rega Ara (very good).

Regards, Rich
I don't know the A-Zero, but I believe that NHT makes (or used to make) a different bookshelf model that features adjustable dispersion for bookshelf vs open space placement. Might be worth checking out for your application.

Marty
As an additional note, I listen to acoustic guitar music, independent rock (The Shins, Aberfeldy, Decemberists, etc.), Classical, Jazz, a little Electronic, and Motown. Most of this is from very high bitrate (320kbps+)digital music. I also use the system for home theater 20% of the time.
May I suggest you look at the NHT Evolution M5 instead of AZs if you have to put them in/on a bookcase/shelf?

They have a boundary adjustment feature which drops output below 300 Hz -6 dbs to compensate for the natural boost these frequencies response will receive from the proximity to the boundaries (shelves and walls).

I had Classic Threes in such a placement situation, but switched them out for the Evo M5s, and it was a bog improvement.
I would love to go with the M5's because I have heard so many great things about them, but due to restraints from the significant other I will definitely be placing these speakers _on_ the shelf in a space this is fairly small (10.5h x 10w x 8d).

Have there really been so few people who have heard the NHT Absolute Zeros?