What's the greatest bargain in SET these days?

Hi, Gang,
I response to my recent review of the Reference 3A De Capo BE speaker, someone wrote that if you really want to hear them sing, you should try them with a SET amp, or words to that effect.
That got me thinking. The De Capo's are 92 db efficient, which (correct me if I'm wrong) seems kind of borderline for low-power SET amps.
In any event, right now I'm running mine with a pair of Manley Mahi mono-blocks. They are switchable from triode (20 watts) to "ultra linear" (40 watts). I run them in triode all the time, and in my room, the volume knob almost never goes past 9 o'clock; more would just be too loud.
All that said, what do you guys think of running the De Capo's with a SET amp? And if I did, what's the best bargain in SET's these days?
Thanks!
rebbi
Roxy,
The Psvane 274B (which I just discovered by doing a little online research is a Chinese clone of an old Western electric tube) is not all that expensive, as these things go. I have seen it online for between $100 and $120, at the cheapest. Now, if you want to go for one of the Western Electric originals, those are going for around $1300 a pop. ;-)
Hi, Roxy,
Spoke to Andy at Vintage Tube today and ordered one of those slightly used RCA 6SN7's. I'll let you know the results. Thanks again for the tip!
Reb,
I am really excited for you, and I do mean excited. I forgot to mention that mine was also slightly used, but tested 100% in all parameters. If you don't find it to be a revelation, I will be surprised. Those tubes are old, from the 40's.
The new Dynamo arrived safely yesterday & I got it all set up & out of the box it sounds & looks great. No transformer hum to speak of & no hiss at idle thru the speakers, really quiet all around. Works perfectly w/the volume knob turned all the way up which takes it out of the circuit - running direct w/the internal remote volume control on the CDP. Really a gutsy amp w/immediate sound, good tone, clarity, 3d qualities & imaging - everything we like about tubes. I'm impressed so far & looking forward to breaking it in.