Best subwoofer for a Wilson Puppy

I have now a Puppy 6 and am planning to upgrade to the Wilson puppy 7 + a subwoofer or the Wilson Maxx. But since my room is not to big and I can not finance the Maxx 2 yet I am thinking about buying the WP7 + a good subwoofer.

My slection so far:
1. Wilson Watch Dog
2. Velodyne DD18
3. Revel B15

Which subwoofer will be the best. I know the Wilson will fit the best but it is like 16000 US$ whicle the revel is 5000 US$ and the velodyne 4500 US$. The Velodyne sounds like a good buy but will it work with a Wilson speaker. Will it not be to slow for 2 channel.

I do not play movies and am only interested in a subwoofer for music. Which will be the best choise and who has experience with a good sub for a Watt / Puppy.

Peter
sprbggr
Macrojack, similar to the newer WPs, my Merlin VMXs are measureably flat +/-3db to 30Hz and produce usable bass down to 25Hz. Adding a sub below a low 30Hz crossover point adds significantly to impact of kick-drum, electric and acoustic bass, and expands the acoustic space for other instruments that unexpectedly reveal content well below 30Hz to a spectrum analyzer. It's also a nice dividend that at such a low crossover point, the transition from sub to mains can be smooth & unobstrusive, even moving from a hi-watt SS sub amp to a tube amp on top.

Since the human ear attenuates bass response as volume decreases, it's nice with a sub to be able to control volume & add a little boost as needed. Deep bass response of most rooms is tricky enough that being able to relocate the sub-bass woofer away from the main speakers can be an advantage. And all other things being equal, it's a lot cheaper to match a fine sub with fine limited low-frequency main speakers, than to acquire large-array full-range main speakers of comparable quality.

Finally, any additional tweaking required for a sub is a satisfyingly visceral exercise relative to wanking over power cords.
I'm interested in this as well as my WP7s are powered by 22WPC SETs. I originally considered switching to high current amplification but that would naturally compromise the SET magic.

How about the Kharma sub? Would this work well with the WP7s?
I'm using a Fathom F113 with my 7's. It seems to integrate seamlessly with them. I think the Fathom is a good match. Regards, Pat
Hi,
I have owned a Snell DCS 24 and Revel Sub 30 for Wilson Sophia 2 speakers...going to the Watch Dog 2 is amazing improvement over the Revel Sub 30...much more natural sounding and better integrated with main speakers...

john
I tried the Velodyne, Revel, Mirage and the Wilson.
Bought the Wilson.
The Wilson Benesch is supposed to be really good too.
My $.02