Need small speaker for less than $750. Ideas?

Hello All,

I sold my maggies (got divorced 1.5 years ago).
Since that time I have been using Senn 600 headphones.
I have a room mate so my system is in my bedroom.
So I need some bookshelf's or small floor standers.

Looking for a killer monitor.
Things I want:
-true to the music
-lots of texture
-hear the layers of music
-accurate but not fatuging
-neutral (maybe a dash slightly warm)
-good air
-sound stage
-imaging
-fun to listen too
-human voice is important
-accurate tone
-true to the music - (I said this twice on purpose)

Things I don't need:
-deep bass
-load volume

Please remember I was a maggie owner and loved them.
If I could get anything it would be some Quad 57's.
For bookshelf's if I had the money it would be some Focus Audio 688's, or some Verity Audio's.

What are some others to consider?
I listen to all types of music.
Right now I am thinking some Spender 3/5's.

Thanks,
Nick

BTW: Amp is a Blue Circle CS.
nickway
Dynaudio Audience 52 or 52SE if you can find a pair used. Vocals are superb and listening fatigue is not an issue.
My vote goes for the ATC SCM 7. You can usually find them used for about $700-$750. The only caveat with these speakers, is you will need a powerful amp to drive them (84db). They are incredibly detailed. I think they are the best speakers in this price range.

Vlad.
Sometimes, your first idea is the best :-). I have Spendor S3/5 SE's in my 10'x11' bedroom, & enjoy them greatly. I think you pretty much described S3/5 SE's in your speaker criteria; except that they also have very good bass for such tiny speakers. And I'd go for the S/E version........
SPENDOR S 3/5'S!!! I have owned a beautiful pair of Lt Cherry S 3/5's for about 8 yrs and am endlessly amazed at what they can do. As Steveaudio said above, your description of what you want is almost a dead on review of the Spendor 3/5's. I also own a pair of Quad ESL 63's and Roger LS 3/5a's (15 ohm), and the Spendor 3/5's are an amazing likness. I use them intermittently with my REL Storm III and that combo would shame an awful lot of mega buck fullrange speakers. And, you can usually find them on used on Audigon for ~$750